At Cooloola Christian College Early Learning Centre we seek to:
- Nurture each child’s self-esteem, self-reliance and competence.
- Provide opportunities that include a balance of activities and rest, inside, outside and within our school community, as well as individually and in groups; where children can engage in active experiences that are flexible and responsive to changes in children’s abilities, interests and skills.
- Provide a curriculum that is socially relevant and culturally inclusive where each child’s social and cultural background is respected and valued.
- Provide a framework of routine and consistency whereby children are introduced to the world of formal learning, whilst at the same time given opportunities to make choices and participate as independent learners and thinkers.
- Introduce children to basic literacy and numeracy concepts and encourage learning dispositions that set a solid foundation for later education.