When choosing the logo for the new CCC Early Learning Centre, we primarily wanted it to tell a story. A story that captured the mission of the ELC; that communicated a clear message of Godly purpose to the community; and reflected the Biblical basis of all that we do at the Centre.
Each element of our ELC logo is significant and relevant.
- The Rainbow – represents the promises of God and the covenant He has established with His people. At the ELC, we trust in God’s protection and blessing as we care for the children.
And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” Genesis (9:12-13)
- The 3 Figures – represent the important relationship between parents and ELC staff in raising up and educating each child attending the Centre.
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
- The Hand – represents the hand of God, upholding us in all we do at the ELC. He has established a special purpose for every child. We are grateful for His provision and accepting of His love.
Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you; I will hold you with my righteous strong hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- The Branch – represents God’s creation. We are encouraged to enjoy all that God has made. We also have a responsibility to be good stewards of God’s creation.
God spoke: “Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature so they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, and, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth.” (Genesis 1:28)
- CCC – represents the close link between Cooloola Christian College and the Early Learning Centre. This link offers many opportunities for the children in the ELC as they share some of the programs, facilities and resources of the College. The Centre shares the same mission as CCC and provides a seamless education for them as they grow into adulthood.
Our mission is to:
- Support all College families by providing a Christ centred education in a caring environment;
- Encourage all students to recognise and develop their individual God-given talents to the fullest extent possible in the spiritual, intellectual, physical, cultural and social spheres;
- Educate and equip students to serve as responsible citizens within the College, church and the wider community.
- Early Learning Centre – recognises that the ELC is a place of learning. This learning is primarily through play; however, the programs offered by the Centre are based on sound educational principles as contained in the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.